By Liz Lark and Tim Goullet
Hardcover: 128 pages
1 in stock (can be backordered)
A valuable resource for anyone who wants to prevent disease or treat
an illness they already have Healing Yoga shows how to promote holistic healing and balance in the body through yoga sequences (vinyasas). Postures (asanas), breathing (pranayama), deep relaxation and visualization exercises are all used to alleviate symptoms and facilitate the healing of specific illnesses, from stress, migraine and backache to gastrointestinal and respiratory disorders, circulation problems and even cancer.
By harnessing the powerful potential of your own body to heal itself, the yoga exercises can work alongside conventional medications. In addition, the program produces general health benefits, creating a state of wellbeing and emotional and physical balance, increasing flexibility and strength, and boosting immunity and energy.
- stimulates the natural healing processes within the body
- alleviates many symptoms of illness and side-effects of medication, such as nausea, headache, muscle pain, mood swings and fatigue
- treats problems of the digestive, musculoskeletal, genitourinary, nervous, endocrine, respiratory, circulatory and immune systems of the body
- includes easy, intermediate and advanced sequences with additional adaptations and modifications
- benefits are given for the exercises, which explain the direct medical effects of the yoga posture on the body
Liz lark is an experienced yoga teacher who runs classes in London and around the world on special-interest holidays. With a master’s degree in performing arts, she incorporates elements of complementary body disciplines into her work, including the Alexander technique and release work. She is the author of Carlton’s Astanga Yoga, Yoga for Life and Yoga for Kids. Tim Goullet, an astanga yoga enthusiast, is an osteopath, naturopath, lecturer and sports massage teacher.